I’m feeling the love in “Blog Land” this month! I’ve kindly been given a Liebster Award by two separate people. I had never heard of this before, but it’s a great way to discover new blogs. The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is a German word meaning nicest / kindest / dearest / sweetest.
My nominations came from the lovely Chloè Oliver @ All Things Chloe and Katie @ May Bee Beauty - huge thank yous, ladies! It’s great to know that other people are reading my blog and that they enjoy my ramblings about food / travel and anything else that happens…
These are the ‘rules’ of the Liebster Award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog! Spread the love!
2. Display the award on your blog.
3. Answer the 11 questions provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate between 5 and 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award (who have less than 200 followers).
6. Create a new list of questions for your nominees to answer.
7. List these rules in your post!
8. Inform the bloggers that you have nominated them for the Liebster award, and provide a link to your post so that they can learn about it themselves!
With two nominations, I have two sets of questions to answers...so here goes!
1. What made you want to start blogging?
I was inspired by reading other people’s blogs. I realised that there were other people with the same interests as me and it’s a great way to share and gain info…I’m always picking up tips on countries and restaurants to visit.
2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Hmmm, tough one…probably back in England but still travelling regularly.
3. Cats or dogs?
Dogs - definitely. Cats creep me out as they just watch you and also they don’t seem to like me!
4. If you were stranded on an island, what are the five things you would want with you?
Bikini (I love a good tan), iPhone (lots of good photo opportunities & I’m slightly addicted to instagram...plus I could call for help when I've had enough), a friend to have fun with, snorkels and an ice-cream bar.
5. Other than blogging, what are your other interests?
Travelling and eating...fortunately they all go together beautifully - especially with a large mug of coffee.
6. If you could play any instrument, what would it be?
I reckon it would be cool to be able to do the whole drummer thing...but I have no rhythm so would be 'interesting'
7. Favourite tv programme?
I’m a box-set binger…at the moment it’s Homeland. But I’m also getting a bit of “Game of Thrones” on the side
8. What is something you wanted to be when you were younger, that you aren’t?
9. Something you're proud of?
Lots of things - great friends, family, job and that I’m slowly seeing the world!
10. Do you have a favourite Disney film?
The Little Mermaid
11. If you had unlimited amounts of money, what would be the first thing you would buy?
A round-the-world plane ticket!
1. Who is your biggest make up inspiration?
Straight off with a tough question! I mostly am inspired by magazines…I can’t think of a single person.
2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
3. Your most used make up brush?
Big bronzer brush from Benefit
4. Your most played song?
At the moment I think it’s Calvin Harris “Under Control”
5. Favourite foundation of all time?
I don’t actually use foundation but I love Benefit’s tinter moisturiser which I mix with their raspberry scented primer
6. If you could be anywhere right now, where would you be?
Any tropical island…it’s raining and cold at the moment and I love sunshine
7. Most used word?
“Yo!”…I think I was a surfer dude in a previous life
8. Favourite animal?
I’m a scuba diver and I love seeing hundreds of colourful fish swimming around me
9. Biggest beauty mistake?
Brown lipliner…there are no more words
10. Biggest fashion mistake?
Hmm I think it was my embroidered jeans and brown woolly jumper phase when I was about 10…it might have lasted a year
11. What advice would you give yourself when you were younger?
Enjoy life and be you. I think every teenager just wants to fit in. I’m so much happier just being my (slightly odd) self and happy people are a magnet for good people / times / food. Also - leggings will come back into fashion. Also, don't join Pinterest...I lose hours of my life here!
11 Random Facts about me
- Almost every year for Lent I give up caffeine, this is not a good thing for me or those around me. I have a coffee / Diet Coke addiction!
- I love 1990s action movies…Die Hard, Indiana Jones & Jurassic Park are my ‘go tos'
- I cannot understand and get upset by veggie cakes…I mean, if I wanted carrots why would I eat a cake?!
- I currently live in Munich, Germany…am battling crazy grammar homework reguarly!
- I can word-for-word recite some of Eminem’s songs
- I have never watched an episode of The Simpsons and have no desire to change that
- I’m a little obsessed with animal print clothes & accessories
- I have broken my nose 6 times
- I’m advanced PADI scuba diver
- I don’t think I dream…at least that means I’m never ‘that’ person!
- I can’t stop laughing at this!
My nominations are:
Lauren Jane @ Hungry Travel Style
Kate & Chelsie
Emma @ The Bavarian Sojourn
Nami @ Just One Cookbook
Kimberly @ The Simple Treat
Karen @ KAMA Fitness
Questions for you to answer:
- Favourite actor / actress?
- Best place for breakfast in the world?
- Most ‘artsy’ photo on your phone? (show it!)
- Best nail polish?
- Happiest day of your life?
- If you could only eat one coloured food for a year, what would you pick?
- What’s guaranteed to make you giggle?
- Most embarrassing thing that happened to you this week?
- Next holiday destination?
- Best tune of the summer?
- Guilty food pleasure?