I love spicy stuff and I love soups so when a recipe from Love & Lemons popped into my inbox for Heidi’s Spicy Green Soup, it instantly made my ‘to make’ list.
I’d not heard of Heidi Swanson before but turns out she has a gorgeous sounding cookbook, which has now made my ‘to read’ list!
And just topped it all with sliced almonds.
Delicious and seriously easy to do yourself.
Ingredients ▪ 4 cups water
▪ 3 medium garlic cloves
▪ 1¼ cup firmly packed basil leaves
▪ 1¼ cup firmly packed cilantro leaves and stems
▪ ¼ cup lightly packed mint leaves
▪ a thick 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled & sliced
▪ 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
▪ 2 small serrano chiles, stemmed (I used 1 regular chili)
▪ ½ cup sliced almonds
▪ 1 teaspoon sea salt
▪ zest of 1 lemon
▪ 1 tablespoon runny honey
Optional toppings: poached eggs, white beans, soba noodles, toasted almonds, shaved green onions, roasted mushrooms or other roasted vegetables (I did think about mushrooms which is why they're in the picture but chose broccoli in the end!)
Post a Comment