There are not many things I love about the weather turning colder, but fluffy socks, reading in front of a fireplace and scrummy soups do help!
When this Damn Delicious recipe popped into my inbox, I knew it would be one for me!
Super easy and yummy and you can tweak to suit whatever is in your fridge!
Warm olive oil in a large saucepan, before adding garlic, onion, carrots and celery…in my case multi-colour carrots!
Then when they’re a little soft add the dried herbs…
Followed by the vegetable stock, bay leaves and half the water and bring to boil. Then stir in the quinoa and simmer until the quinoa is soft (about 15 mins)
Mix in the broccoli, spinach and cabbage, plus lemon juice and seasoning…
Look at all of those gorgeous colours...
Topping with a little parsley to pretty it up!
The next day we reheated it and blended it up a bit to try it in a different way. It doesn't look as pretty but tasted great and was easier to eat as a thicker soup.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced (I chose 3 different colours to add more colour)
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 0.5tsp dried thyme
- 0.5tsp dried oregano
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup quinoa (I used red quinoa)
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves chopped (I couldn’t find any fresh kale, so replaced with spinach leaves)
- 8 ounces broccoli florets
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- I also added some dried porcini mushrooms to the mix
Post a Comment