I only had a small amount of time in Argentina, experiencing (only) the Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires but I made it my mission to complete the Lonely Planet’s ‘Essential Food & Drink’ list...it’s a tough life!
· Beef – well clearly Argentina’s most famous food, as they have perfected the grilling, instilling a smoky, salty outer layer to their delectable steaks
· Wine – I stuck to the ever tasty Malbec but there is a huge variety available across the vast country
· Maté – having sampled this in Uruguay I felt I could tick this off without having to subject myself to more of the bitter grassy tea, despite its social importance
· Ice cream – Argentina makes some of the best ‘helado’ in the world, swirled into a miniature peaked mountain
· Italian food – there is masses of pizza and pasta on every restaurant’s menu
· Dulce de leche – making up a key food group for me throughout my time in South America, Argentina has turned milk and sugar into the world’s best caramel sauce
In addition there is a dizzying array of cafes with cafes, coffees and other tasty treats...plus the ever-present empanadas (South American pasties).
Post a Comment